Joy?

joy 1

We were meant for joy. Instead we settle for comfort. We look everywhere for it. It is at the root of addictions, greed and many of our emotional issues. We look for comfort because we do not have joy. There’s a difference. God wants us to have more than comfort, He wants us to return to joy from our negative emotions. Jesus said, “I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow!” This begs the question, what was it that Jesus said that would result in such joy?

When we look, we see that Jesus told those listening, “I have loved you even as the Father has loved me. Remain in my love.” It is His love that gives us joy and remaining in His love, even after negative emotions, that returns us to joy. So how do we do this? How do we remain in His love? By following His commandment that He gave us in today’s passage. “Love each other in the same way I have loved you.” It is this simple: our joy will come through loving relationships, both with God and those He brings into our life.

Father, fill us with Your joy. The joy that comes through the deep and loving relationships we can have with You and those that You bring into our lives. Help our joy overflow. In Jesus’ name. AMEN

looking to god woman in yellow field

Just like it says in James 1:2 “consider it a great opportunity for great joy” We should have joy because of what troubles can produce in our lives. There is no way that you count it all happiness when you are tempted, tested and tried in your faith, because these are times of very difficult circumstances you are facing and are most uncomfortable. You will see the difference between joy and happiness when you realize that joy unlike happiness doesn’t come from outside circumstances but rather joy comes from the inside of you to the outside of you. The joy of the Lord does not depend on your emotions which fluctuate all the time depending on your circumstances. The spiritual force of joy affects your mind. It energizes your mind and makes your mind receptive to the truth that your negative circumstances are turning around. And joy also makes your will vibrant, desiring to do the will of God. Joy brings stability to your life. The spiritual power of joy goes beyond the feelings that fluctuate constantly by circumstances and leave you really out of control of the circumstances. Joy affects your mind, will and emotions and makes them receptive to things turning around for the best for you. Joy like nothing else affects your will, making it vibrant and yielded to God and His will for you. And then joy greatly affects your body; acting like a medicine to your body. In any bad circumstance you may find yourself, you can keep the right attitude when you keep rejoicing. Keep energized with joy by drawing on the supply of the Holy Spirit Who is in you. God’s joy will keep your attitude right, keep your long-suffering working in every situation and keep you looking to God and flowing in His mighty power. You may not be happy about your present circumstances, it may not be any fun but you can remain joyful in the Lord.
today I choose joy

Maybe you’re confused, angry, and discouraged, but all you know is suddenly all the joy is gone. There are so many things that seek to rob us of joy. Circumstances can shake our faith. People will discourage us. And things can distract us from what God wants us to enjoy. He wants us to experience his abundant, overflowing joy. And that actually involves a choice on our part. I believe that one of the commodities that is missing in life today is joy. Turn on your television and even the sitcoms are centered around making fun of someone’s misfortune or something crude. The leading stories in newspapers today are bad news. An examination of most newspapers will show that there really is little good news to report. Even consider the weather report. Often you hear tomorrow will be sunny with a 20% chance of rain instead of its going to be mostly clear with an 80% chance of sunshine. And often there is confusion to what joy really is as well. Sometimes even people in God’s church have a hard time expressing true joy, remember that joy is a fruit of God’s holy spirit and God expects us to come to know his joy.

choose joy

What is joy? Joy is something that we choose to express. It’s not pie in the sky; it doesn’t come and go like the wind. And where does this kind of joy come from? Well, as you know, it’s a matter of attitude that comes from God’s holy spirit dwelling in us and our confidence in God, the belief that He is at work, that He is in full control, that He is in the midst of whatever has happened, is happening, or will happen.

Now say:  Today I choose Joy!
joy baby
Advertisements

About Jesus is a safe harbor

I am a follower of Jesus. I am a grateful delivered woman who was once an addict, but now God has restored me and renewed me. I have been redeemed and remade by our Creator through salvation of His Son, Jesus Christ! I just want to share what God has done in my life that you may have the opportunity to experience the same joy He gave me. I give God all the glory for everything in my life for I couldn't accomplish anything apart from Him. If ye shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free, John 8:32. He puts people in my life that help me and gives me the opportunity to help another. I am never surprised by his love and blessings. God has placed a confidence and love in myself that I have never had before… so "Thank you God".. for the many True Blue Christians you have put in my life and for all the blessings you bestow on me daily. I have not come this far without lots of prayers and the help and love of my true friends and family and I thank you God for those special people in my life. You are 100% my Savior! I will forever have your name on my lips. I realize now with lots of prayer and reading of the Word… that all the answers were here for me and I never asked the questions. Although I still struggle daily with other life’s daily cards that are dealt, I have an attitude now of “NO MATTER WHAT “– I will praise You, Lord~~~through my storms and my triumphs! I have much more to share and would love to answer any questions anyone may have for through all my trials what has come to be is that I want to help others to see what I didn’t see and hopefully prevent the same hurts, guilt, shame and woes that I had to deal with and give them the best gift of all… JESUS! I believe it's important that we know who we are in God ... We are a one of a kind and God has made us like no other for a purpose- His purpose. Yes, bad things happen and yes, we make poor choices, but we don't have to continue to make them. God's mercies are new each day. Once we realize, know and most importantly believe who we are in Christ, that we are a child of God, we are not an accident, and whatever the circumstances before us each day no matter what they are... God gives us the choice and the power of Him to choose right and live right. We no longer have to live in the past, but in the present and look with expectation to the future with God by our side guiding us and directing our steps. He is our strength and our hope needs to reside in Him. Let his power and love work in your life today and see that life does not have to be the way you are living now. He wants to help you, but you have to let him. He can't make us come to him, he is not lost - WE ARE! Please share this blog with others to encourage them for the glory of God!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s